Download the Zoo programsThe Zoo programs have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
* RedHat Linux Enterprise 4 and 5
* Cent OS 5 and 6
* Fedora 8 and 9 (Make sure to use the special Fedora xview libraries)
* Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04 (Make sure you have the latest xview libraries installed).
* Linux Mint 10 and 12
Installing the Zoo programs in Linux OS1. Unzip and unpack the downloaded file using the command: tar zxfv file_name into a temporary directory.
2. Copy the executable, the .intro and the .info files to a system directory of your choice.
3. Edit the startup script file and make the changes necessary.
4. Copy the startup script file to the /usr/bin directory or your own bin directory.
5. To start the Cobra program use the command: cobra &
6. For more instructions read my blog.
.Xresources/.XdefaultsThe .Xresources file located in your home directory is used to control different settings in the Zoo programs.This file is executed when loging in to the system. Use the command: xrdb .Xresources to make the settings available to programs after login. You can download an example file here.